Create your first HTML5 game from scratch
Have you ever wanted to create an HTML5 game, but you have no idea where to start?
As far as I can see there isn’t yet a guide which explains how to make games with Phaser from scratch. So here it is.
Have a look at the content, each folder contains the working example of what you should get by following the book.
In depth explanation
Each and every line of code you will find in the book is fully commented, along with pictures to let you preview what you will see on the screen:
Learn by examples
By the end of the book, you will have a complete game made by you, but more important you will know how to make your own game starting from scratch, covering among other things:
- The structure of your Phaser project
- Phaser states
- Preloading images
- Placing images on the stage
- Displaying given frames in a sprite sheet
- Adding interactivity to images by turning them into clickable and touchable buttons
- Giving each button a custom property and accessing it when touched / clicked
- Using timers to schedule events
- Turning the prototype into a real game adding a title screen with soundmute options
- Preloading sounds
- Playing sounds
- Organizing your folders
- Making it run nicely on any mobile device no matter the orientation
Recommended by developers
You can have a proof about the quality of this minibook by reading the customer reviews on the official Amazon page.
No boring theory, just make a game
Tired to read books which only shows you how to create phonebooks? I will show you how to make a game. This is the game you will be able to create once you complete the book:
It’s a Concentration game with a twist, there’s also a timer to speed up the pace of the game. If you have a mobile device, you can play it from this link.
One book, different options
You have a wide range of options to get the book, choose the one your prefer and start coding.